Copyright and print music at the Festival

We have clarified the information from APRA/AMCOS re the audio visual recording of your own children and as long as the recording is for personal use only you are free to record without a license.

There are very strict controls around the photocopying of music. The following information is from the  APRA-AMCOS website. We will have the forms available at registration for you to fill out and sign.

Form Number One:

Performers’ Declaration Form for Eisteddfods and Music Competitions

This is the form you need to fill out every time you enter an eisteddfod or competition to certify that you are either performing from original scores or from a licensed photocopy, arrangement or transcription. If you are performing from a photocopy, arrangement or transcription, you will need a letter from the publisher confirming that they have licensed the sheet music, unless it is a public domain work.

Form Number Two:

Temporary Copy for Use by an Adjudicator in an Eisteddfod/Music Competition.

This is the form you fill out if the adjudicator of your eisteddfod or competition requires a photocopy of your music to follow along with while you play. You are permitted to make one photocopy for each adjudicator (and no more than one per adjudicator) and you need to attach this form to every copy. The organisers are not permitted to give copies back to you and must destroy them once your section is finished.

Form Five:

Temporary Copy for the Use by an Accompanist in an Eisteddfod or Music Competition.

If you need to make a copy for your accompanist in an eisteddfod or competition, you are permitted to do so as long as you fill in this form and attach it to the music for the performance. The accompanist must give this form back to the competitor at the conclusion of their section and destroyed immediately by them.

Contact Us!
1000 characters left